Nonparent’s Thoughts on Babies and how to raise them
- Enroll your kid in a Chinese language class ASAP. By the time she’s in college, Mandarin will be the language of business.
- Don’t buy your kid a camcorder or cellphone before her 10th birthday.
- Don’t videotape your childbirth. Aren’t some things sacred?
- Kids love blocks. And zoos. And Happy Meals.
- Don’t bother creating a college saving fund (although saving for its own sake isn’t a bad idea). The university system is going down the tubes, and in 20 years, just-in-time learning and low cost distance education will take its place.
- Transfer digital media to newer media formats every 5 years. Video memories matter!
- Swim lessons for toddlers are well worth the cost!
- the stigma of using psychotropic drugs is rapidly disappearing. Get used to it. She will be one drugged babe (and so will other members of her generation).
- Babies are brilliant.