I’m starting a podcast very soon. Starts first week of March. Anyone have ideas for names? Here’s what it is:
- one story a week
- about 2/3 will be original stories; 1/3 will be dramatized telling of public domain stories.
- About 1/3 of the stories will be short stories (the kind you find in a magazine); 1/3 will be live performances; 1/3 will be original poetry
- not against genre fiction per se, but not big fan of it either. Probably an important quality is that the story have an “oral quality,” though I don’t expect storytellers to be super polished performers.
- About 2/3 will be Texas storytellers (not out of any conscious design, simply that I know more writers/storytellers in my homestate than elsewhere).
- In fact I will remain flexible about format and subject matter; I will contribute some stories, but most of the stories will be by other people.
- Everything will Creative Commons By-NC.
The URL will be Personville Story Network
I prepared a more complete description on my Podcastflyer (PDF).
Name ideas. Remember that it will still reside at the URL above. Also, it must be a phrase unusual enough that it is memorable and easy to google but also easy to spell.
- Blah Blah Blah
- Personville Story Network (I’m voting for this one. Personville is an obscure Texas town)
- Imaginary Planet
- (some obscure and easy to spell literary allusion)
- Not Kafka (I like this one, though it’s not really descriptive)
- some oblique but not-too-obvious reference to Texas.
- Some stupid phrase that lit types are likely to find meaningful.