This Saturday I’ll be giving a presentation with Gerry Manacsa at Barcamp Houston.
(See my post-presentation wrapup here)
Subject Optimize for Reading: the art (and science) of presenting content
Date: August 25, 2007. Probably 10:00 AM. (There is no set schedule, but we’ll probably be presenting before noon).
Location: Houston Technology Center
Cost: Free! (as is attendance at Barcamp Houston).
- Reading on the Web: Why It’s Awesome, Why It Sucks
- The Agony (and Ecstasies) of Intensive Reading
- Packaging Content (and implications for content creators)
- How hardware is constraining (and liberating) the way we read
- Ad-supported content (i.e., “How Not to Irritate Readers”)
Robert Nagle is a Houston-based fiction writer and associate editor of TeleRead, a site about ebook technologies and publishing.
Recording/Notes I’ll try to record this session and make the mp3 available when I can. (I’ll post the URL here and possibly elsewhere when it’s ready). I’ll try to put the presentation up as well.
Show and Tell : As an added bonus, we’ll have lots of reading gear, ranging from the low-tech to the high tech.
By the way, feel free to say hi to me if you show up!