Sorry, I’ve been in the middle of a lot of things. Maybe only time for a links dump:
- Mike Schinkel suggests a way to fight spam comments: assign a special attribute to them that makes it easier for google to penalize their google juice. The problem is that unless Akismet had some direct connection with google, these tags would not be visible to google. Schinkel writes a fascinating blog about well-formed URLs. To test your knowledge of HTTP and URL formations, try these quizzes. A good starting point is here.
- Visual comparison of user interfaces. by Eric Burke . Read this discussion about Windows development vs. Apple development by Dwight Silverman. This weblog titled Stuff that Happens is pretty entertaining geek stuff. Other funny comics here. I don’t pretend to understand the programming jokes, but I enjoyed this java comic . And idiotic as I am, I still enjoyed this cartoon about debugging.
- Jay Wynia notices that not updating your blogging software can result in delisting from google. Here’s a google guide about how to make sure your website is playing nice.
- Author April Hamilton has posted several Indie Publishing guides (all PDFs unfortunately). Here’s a good guide for publishing on the Amazon DTP platform(PDF). Although she hasn’t been blogging very long, she evidently writes a lot. So far, she’s been blogging about self-publishing kinds of things, but she’s published two novels recently.
- Speaking of Amazon Kindle, here’s a great blog about formatting content for the Kindle by Joshua Tallent. Here’s some Amazon formatting tips.
Reminder: I regularly update my Ebook Creation Links .